Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight. PROVERBS 3:5-6

This video always makes us laugh because of Nathan's keen sense of smell

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Yikes! Broken ankle

I played my third season of co-ed softball for our church team this summer. Today we did well in the playoffs, winning 3 games and losing 2. After each game we had a break while two other teams played. The picture above is a few minutes after a girl on one of those teams came sliding into home and broke her ankle. It was really bad. The crack was audible as the bone broke. She was screaming in pain. Her foot was turned around backwards. Oh man! That had to hurt so bad. I'm sure she will need several months of rehab. If you get a second, say a prayer for her.

I actually hurt my ankle during the first game and probably came close to breaking it, but, luckily, I only turned it really, really bad. It hurt. I slid (poorly!) into second base and caught my left foot on the base and my body slid up over the top, turning my foot very awkwardly. I tried walking it off but finally had to sit and let the pain subside. For a few minutes I thought I was going to throw up it hurt so bad. At least I didn't cry! But, it ended up just being very sore, and I played in all of the other games.

Now, softball season is over, as is the summer (almost).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lower Taxes . Limited Government . Personal Responsibility . Strong National Defense